Communications engineers are responsible for the research, design, development and production of communications equipment and systems.
Communications engineers design and modify electrical communications systems for scientific, military, industrial or commercial use. The level of in-depth technical and design work varies; after a few years of experience many communications engineers will start to move into managerial and consultancy roles.
The Job Scope
- Managing, monitoring the performance of and working as part of a team of communication engineers and planners
- Undertaking site surveys
- Producing, testing and implementing designs
- Ensuring that objectives and deadlines are met
- Writing reports and documentation
- Making presentations
- Managing resources
- Liaising with suppliers, customers, directors and other teams of staff
- Undertaking relevant research
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Providing technical support
As a Fresh graduates, you can expect a salary ranging between RM3,500 to RM4,000
A Senior Communications Engineer do not work under the close guidance of their supervisors on a frequent basis, although they typically have supervisors within the IT department. As a senior copywriter, you can expect a salary ranging from RM5000 to RM7,000