Occupational Safety & Health
Degree in Occupational Safety & Health
This programme provides deeper knowledge on Occupational Safety and Heath (OSH) in an effort to protect workers from hazards at the workplace. You will explore a variety of subjects related to this field such as safety & health regulations, construction safety, industrial hygiene among others.
With this degree in hand, employment in the OSH field becomes more promising due to the shortage of OSH experts in the manufacturing, construction, oil and gas industries. Career options may include OSH Specialists, Safety Manager, OSH Consultant, Construction & Building Supervisors.
- A-Level: Minimum 2Ds in TWO of the following subjects (Biology, Physics or Mathematics, Chemistry); or
- STPM: Minimum 2C+s in TWO of the following subjects (Biology, Physics or Mathematics, Chemistry); or
- Australian Matriculation: Minimum of ATAR 55.0; or
- Canadian Pre-University: Average of 55% in 6 subjects; or
- Foundation in Science: Minimum CGPA of 2.33; or
- Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health: Minimum CGPA of 2.75
Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health
This program prepares students with knowledge and skills that enable them to bring about change in the way safety and health initiatives are implemented in the workplace.
Students gain a better understanding on the potential safety and health hazards while broadening their skills set to meet the increasing demands of the OSH industry. Graduates of this programme are highly sought after to meet the talent needs in various manufacturing, construction and heavy industries. Career options may include safety & health officers and site safety supervisor.
- SPM: Minimum 3 credits in Bahasa Malaysia, English and Mathematics or one Science subject (Biology, Physics, Chemistry or General Science); or
- O-Level: Minimum 3 credits in English, Mathematics and one Science subject (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, General Science or Applied Science)
Why should we study Occupational Safety & Health?
Opportunity to work in multiple industry
Occupational safety and health professionals can find employment opportunities in a wide variety of settings, such as construction, factories, petrochemical, mining and offices.
Ensure safe and healthy working conditions for all
Each year, hundreds of workplace accidents occur with some resulting in permanent injurious and even death. These unfortunate events can be avoided if there were proper health and safety mechanism in place. If you feel strongly about these numbers and would like to do your part in helping people avoid mishaps at work, then studying Occupational Safety & Health is a great place to start.
Be a part of the health frontline
While you may not be directly involved in saving lives, you will be part of the health heroes toiling tirelessly to prevent workplace accidents from occurring, thus reducing fatalities and the need.
The field of Occupational Safety & Health
The field of Occupational Safety & Health includes: