Education administrators hold leadership posts with important responsibilities. They work at universities and colleges, schools, preschools and day care centres. Education administrators provide direction, mission and day-to-day management for these institutions. Work is done in an office setting, with paperwork tasks.
The Job Scope
- Managing budgets with parents, students, employers and the community
- Handling budgets and making sure financial systems are adhered to
- Keep an eye on record-keeping
- Directing student services such as guidance programmes
- Coach, oversee, and motivate faculty including teachers and other staff
- Helping with recruitment, public or alumni relations and marketing activities
- Giving administrative support to an academic team of lecturers, tutors and teachers
An entry level education administrator with 1-3 years of experience earns an average compensation of RM85,669 or RM7,139 a month
An education administrator who has been in the industry for over 8 years earns an average compensation of RM152,037 or RM12,670 a month.