IT Support Analyst
IT support analysts provide technical support and advice to IT users by giving solutions to enhance business operations, efficiency and productivity. Experience is important for IT support analysts to progress in their career especially when dealing with more complex systems and IT issues.
The Job Scope
- Examine clients’ existing systems and business models
- Comprehend client’s existing systems and business models
- Moving old networks across to new ones
- Translating client requirements into specified project briefs
- Identifying potential solutions and evaluating them for both technical and business suitability
- Modifying or replacing systems
- Presenting proposals to clients
- Making sure projects are within the budget
- Liaising with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
An entry level IT support analyst with 1-3 years of experience earns an average compensation of RM56,073 or RM4,673 a month.
An IT support analyst who has been in the industry for over 8 years earns an average compensation of RM95,135 or RM7,928 a month.