Dentists are medical healthcare professionals who work with patients to treat dental and oral disease and injuries and to prevent dental health problems.
As a dentist, you will typically be examining the dental and oral hygiene of patients, and either offering advice, or carrying out dental and surgical procedures.
The Job Scope
- Operating technical equipment such as X-ray machines
- Keeping accurate records of patients’ dental structure (which may need to be used to identify individuals)
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in dentistry
- Working with a medical nurse and a medical receptionist
- Continuing training and specialising
A Dentist with less than two years of experience makes approximately 9,668 MYR per month. While someone with experience level between two and five years is expected to earn 12,688 MYR per month.
Moving forward, an experience level between five and ten years lands a salary of 15,026 MYR per month. Lastly, employees with more than twenty years of professional experience get a salary of 25,645 MYR per month.