Nurse plan and provide medical and nursing care to patients in hospital, at home or in other settings who are suffering from chronic or acute physical or mental illness.
The Job Scope
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- Providing pre- and post-operation care
- Monitoring and administering medications
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Writing records
- Supervising junior staff
- Organizing workloads
- Providing emotional support to patients and relatives
An entry-level Staff Nurse with 0-5 years of experience can expect to earn a minimum of RM1,800 per month to a maximum of Rm4,000 per month.
Senior Nurses with 3-10 years of experience earns an average of RM 3,500 to RM 5000 and with more than 10+ years of experience, you can be promoted to ‘Director of Nurses’ and earn between RM10,000 to RM 18,000 .