Mechanical engineers form solutions to solve problems which plays an important role in the design, construction and operation of machines and mechanical systems for various industries. These industries include oil and gas, automotive, manufacturing, entertainment, healthcare and aerospace.
The Job Scope
- Research and develop products.
- Refine production processes.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to enhance safety and reliability.
- Develop and use new materials and technologies.
- Manage people, projects and resources.
- Develop, test and assess theoretical designs.
- Analyse and resolve complex anomalies with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Head projects using engineering principles and skills.
- Organise and curate new production processes.
- Construct details of specifications and outline designs.
An entry level mechanical engineer with 0-3 years of experience earns an average compensation of RM40,800 or RM3,400 a month.
A mechanical engineer who has been in the industry for 3-7 years earns an average compensation of RM45,600 or RM3,800 a month.