Sales representatives promote products and services to customers and negotiate contracts with the aim of maximizing profits.
They are the key point of contact between an organization and its clients: answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products.
The Job Scope
- Organizing sales visits
- Demonstrating and presenting products
- Establishing new business
- Maintaining accurate records
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Reviewing sales performance
- Negotiating contracts and packages
- Aiming to achieve monthly or annual targets
Excellent interpersonal skills
Any degree subject is acceptable, although relevant qualifications are preferred for some positions, particularly within medical or technical sales.
The average salary for a Sales Executive is RM2,873 per month in Malaysia.
Senior Sales Executive with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 45,160 or RM 3,763 a month.
EXECUTIVES with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 56,747 or RM 4,728 a month.