TV presenters provide a public voice or face to a range of shows broadcast on TV, radio and the internet.
TV presenters work national independent radio and television companies and local/regional radio stations. Opportunities may also arise with independent television and radio production companies.
The Job Scope
- Writing and rehearsing scripts
- Meeting with programme directors/producers to discuss programmes/shows
- Choosing and playing music
- Organising meetings, interviews and schedules
- Undertaking relevant background research
- Interviewing guests via the telephone or in person
- Presenting traffic, weather and/or news summaries
- Giving reviews of newly released books, films, music etc
- Providing programme links
- Operating technical equipment, such as radio ‘desks’.
An entry level TV presenter with an experience of 1-3 years earns an average salary RM4,000.
On the other end, a senior level radio broadcaster with 8+ years of experience earns an average salary of RM6,670