A dental technician, also known as a dental technologist, is responsible for designing, constructing and repairing a variety of dental devices.
The Job Scope
- Fill orders for dental prosthetics, including dentures, bridges, crowns, veneers and inlays.
- Create models of patients' mouths from physical and sometimes computerized molds.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient's jawbone.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
Attention to detail
Time management skills
Critical thinking skills
The ability to build good relationships with other technicians.
Degree in Medical Lab Technology
STPM/A levelsGrades BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects i.e. Biology and Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics. (Grade C can only be in either Physics or Mathematics.)
FoundationCGPA 3.0 (out of 4) in 3 subjects i.e. Biology and Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics
UECB4 each in 5 subjects i.e. Biology and Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics
Diploma in Translation & Interpreting
SPM/O Level/Other equivalent qualifications approved by MQAPass with 5 credits in Bahasa Melayu & Mathematics & Science & 2 other subjects