Financial managers work within the public and private sector where they are responsible for providing financial advice and undertaking related accounts administration.
They advise clients on appropriate business planning and help in decision making processes to ensure that businesses are financially successful. This might involve advising on investments, savings, pensions or insurance products.
The Job Scope
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Producing long-term business plans
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Managing budgets
- Developing and managing financial systems/models
- Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments
- Supervising staff
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
Good oral and written communication skills
Initiative and the ability to work as part of a team
IT and numerical abilities are crucial
Degree in Accounting
A-LevelMinimum of CDD
Foundation in Business, Foundation in Arts and MatriculationMinimum CGPA of 2.50
Diploma in Accounting
SPM / O-LevelMinimum of CDD
CertificateCertificate in relevant field
LESS THAN TWO YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
A Financial Manager with LESS THAN TWO YEARS OF EXPERIENCE makes approximately 8,343 MYR per month.
TWO AND FIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
While someone with experience level between two and five years is expected to earn 11,291 MYR per month.
TEN AND FIFTEEN YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Financial Manager(s) whose expertise span anywhere between TEN AND FIFTEEN years get a salary equivalent to 15,753 MYR per month and employees with more than twenty years of professional experience get a salary of 21,489 MYR per month.