IT programmers, also known as IT/technology consultants, are contracted to work with industrial and commercial clients who are seeking help and advice about business and IT problems.
The Job Scope
- Consulting staff from different parts of a client's organization
- Analyzing an organization’s data
- Determining information system requirements and defining project objectives
- Making recommendations, such as suggesting appropriate hardware, software and systems
- Designing, installing and trialing new systems and software, and fixing any issues that arise
- Compiling and presenting information
- Writing reports and documentation
- Repairing computer problems and removing viruses
- Training users
- Responding to feedback.
Meticulous approach to work
Attention to detail
Capable of meeting high standards
Good problem-solving skills
Analytical and technical skills
Effective time management skills to meet deadlines
The ability to work under pressure
The ability to multi-task
Interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with clients
Degree in IT
A-LevelMinimum of 2Es
STPMMinimum of 2Cs
Australian MatriculationMinimum of ATAR 60
Foundation in Science or IT/ComputingMinimum CGPA of 2.00
DiplomaMinimum CGPA of 2.50
Diploma in IT
SPM (or equivalent)Minimum 3Cs including Mathematics
An early career for IT programmers with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 29,409 or RM 2,450 a month.
A mid-career IT programmer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 70,986 or RM 5,915 a month.