Management consultants help organizations to solve issues, create value, maximize growth and improve business performance. They use their business skills to provide objective advice and expertise and help an organization to develop any specialist skills that it may be lacking.
You'll be concerned primarily with the strategy, structure, management and operations of a company. Your role is to identify options for the organization and suggest recommendations for change, as well as advising on additional resources to implement solutions.
The Job Scope
- Carry out research and data collection to understand the organization
- Conduct analysis
- Interview the client's employees, management team and other stakeholders
- Run focus groups and facilitate workshops
- Prepare business proposals and presentations
- Identify issues and form hypotheses and solutions
- Present findings and recommendations to clients
- Implement recommendations or solutions and ensure the client receives the necessary assistance to carry it all out
- Manage projects and programmes
- Lead and manage those within the team, including analysts
- Liaise with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions.
The ability to work as part of a team
Interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
Creativity and innovation
Problem-solving and strategic planning ability
The ability to cope with pressure and challenges
Commercial awareness and understanding of business environments.
Degree in Business
To pursue a Degree in Business, you need to obtain your SPM or equivalent qualification, AND also a Pre-University or a Foundation qualification.
A-LevelMinimum of 2Es; or
STPMMinimum of 2Cs; or
Australian MatriculationMinimum of ATAR 50, with credit in Mathematics; or
Canadian Pre-UniversityAverage of 65% in 6 subjects; or
Foundation in Business or ArtsMinimum CGPA of 2.0
Diploma in Business
SPM / O-LevelMinimum 3 credits, including a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and History.
An entry-level Management Consultant with less than 1-year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of RM 3,303.
1-4 YEARS EXPERIENCE
An early career Management Consultant with 1-4 YEARS of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 5,205.
5-9 YEARS EXPERIENCE
A mid-career Management Consultant with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 8,333.
An experienced Management Consultant with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 9,590. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of RM 15,000.