Market Researcher / Analyst
Marketing research analysts gather together and analyze data from diverse sources to produce results, which are then presented back to a client. They may also be asked to make recommendations based on the findings. Market research analysts are hired by public and private sector organizations, as well as by charities and not-for-profit organizations. Analysts can also work on a freelance or consultancy basis.
The details of the research carried out will vary depending on the type and size of employer, as well as the industry. Research analysts usually specialize in either quantitative or qualitative research.
The Job Scope
- Designing questionnaires and advising on methodology of collection of data
- Collecting data and assimilating statistics, using statistical software
- Monitoring the progress of data collection
- Collating information and interpreting data for clients
- Making recommendations based on the data collected
- Presenting findings to clients in an easy-to-understand way
- Managing a team of data collectors and data input assistants
- Negotiate contracts for research projects
- Managing focus groups, carrying out interviews and conducting surveys
- Managing budgets
Ability to cope with fast-paced and pressured work
Strong attention to detail and a strong analytical mind.
Ability to notice patterns within statistics
An interest in psychology and behavior
Good organizational skills
Excellent (spoken and written) communication skills
Confident presentation skills
A methodical approach to work
Familiarity or training in statistics or a willingness to learn
Have strong IT skills and have knowledge of or be keen to learn statistical software packages
Be able to be flexible and work as part of a team.
Degree in Marketing
A-LevelMinimum 2Es; or
STPMMinimum 2Cs; or
Australian MatriculationMinimum of ATAR 50.0; or
Canadian Pre-UniversityAverage of 50% in 6 subjects; or
DiplomaMinimum CGPA of 2.00; or
Foundation in Business or ArtsMinimum CGPA of 2.00
Diploma in Marketing
SPM / O-LevelMinimum 3 credits
An early career Market Research with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of RM 45,000 or RM 3,750 a month.
As a Market Research Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 99,840 or RM 8,320 a month.