Market Researcher / Analyst
Marketing research analysts gather together and analyze data from diverse sources to produce results, which are then presented back to a client. They may also be asked to make recommendations based on the findings. Market research analysts are hired by public and private sector organizations, as well as by charities and not-for-profit organizations. Analysts can also work on a freelance or consultancy basis.
The details of the research carried out will vary depending on the type and size of employer, as well as the industry. Research analysts usually specialize in either quantitative or qualitative research.
The Job Scope
- Designing questionnaires and advising on methodology of collection of data
- Collecting data and assimilating statistics, using statistical software
- Monitoring the progress of data collection
- Collating information and interpreting data for clients
- Making recommendations based on the data collected
- Presenting findings to clients in an easy-to-understand way
- Managing a team of data collectors and data input assistants
- Negotiate contracts for research projects
- Managing focus groups, carrying out interviews and conducting surveys
- Managing budgets
An early career Market Research with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of RM 45,000 or RM 3,750 a month.
As a Market Research Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 99,840 or RM 8,320 a month.