Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
A SEO specialist analyses, reviews, implements and improves websites to optimise its rankings on major search engines. This will allow the website to have maximum traffic for greater exposure. Some specialists also work closely with marketing and creative teams to develop new initiatives or manage social media accounts to increase engagement.
The Job Scope
- Carry out tests, collect and inspect data and results, identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Optimise copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Execute ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation
- Analyse and implement search engine optimisation recommendations
- Research and analyse competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
An entry level SEO specialist with 1-3 years of experience earns an average compensation of RM54,463 or RM 4,539 a month
A SEO specialist who has been in the industry for over 8 years earns an average compensation of RM92,074 or RM7,673 a month.