Veterinarians care for the health of animals and work to improve public health. They diagnose, treat, and research medical conditions and diseases of pets, livestock, and other animals. Most veterinarians work in private clinics and hospitals.
The Job Scope
- diagnosing illnesses in a variety of different animals.
- prescribing the appropriate treatment or operating on the animal if necessary.
- carrying out health checks and providing vaccinations.
- knowing the laws surrounding animals and their welfare.
- giving advice to owners regarding their animals, eg dietary recommendations.
- taking x-rays and blood tests.
- working on-call for emergency cases.
A love of animals
Empathy, patience and sensitivity
A thorough, methodical approach
Calmness in pressurized or emotional situations
Degree in Veterinary
SPM / O-Level QualificationMinimum of 5 credits, including English, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics
Pre-University QualificationSTPM or Matrikulasi: At least CGPA 3.0, with minimum B in Biology AND another subject (Physics, Chemistry or Additional Mathematics)